Socare Ind started in the Year 1999 with 4 children under its care. Today it has grown like a banyan tree with 157 children under its care, confirming the confidence it has built up among the beneficiary communities.
A branch at Gulbarga set up in June 2011 today takes care of 17 boys. A land measuring 4800 sq ft acquired on long lease from the Gulbarga Development Authority (GDA) earmarked for building a hostel & Vocational Training Centre. Plans are on to set up Vocational Training Centre in various jails for the benefit of the inmates.
The new boys hostel at Laggare, Peenya, Bangalore with a capacity to house One Hundred Sixty Children was commissioned during the year 2014.
A proposal to remodel the existing Girls Hostel at Laggare, Peenya, Bangalore is under active consideration.
[timeline][timeevents text=”Children” icon=”arrow-circle-right” direction=”right”]
- Majority of the children study well and get ranks
- They excel in sports, dance, painting and martial arts etc
- Two girls passed their Bachelor of commerce examination (B com) securing 1st class and joined the most prestigious professional Chartered Accountants course.
- One boy who secured more than 90% in 12th std is pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- One Girl who completed MBA in finance with out side support of Socare Ind, is gainfully employed in a leading private sector Bank as an Executive
Majority of them are FIRST GENERATION SCHOOL GOERS
Today they are HAPPY, VERY CONFIDENT, and have the PASSION TO SUCCED IN LIFE no matter what their background is
They are longing to make a POSITIVE difference in the society that shunned/ haunted them
[/timeevents][timeevents text=”Parents” icon=”arrow-circle-left” direction=”left”]
SOCARE IND has impacted the lives of parents of these children
Their expectations that the future of their children should be different from theirs have gone up
They look up to their children’s bright future in the safe hands of SOCARE
[/timeevents][timeevents text=”Community” icon=”arrow-circle-right” direction=”right”]
SOCARE IND has impacted other communities as well
Large number of individual volunteers support SOCARE IND with material and financial help
People’s awareness about the huge problem and the need to address them seriously is on the increase
From a Sociological perspective there is a growing awareness about the various nature of crimes in the society, their impact on families, the root cause of the crimes, and the need to address the root cause rather than the symptoms